If your payment stops because your earnings increased

As your income increases, your payment will reduce until you’re earning enough to no longer be awarded Universal Credit. Your payment will then be stopped. You’ll be told when this happens.

If your earnings decrease after this, or you have another change that means you need financial support and you want to restart your Universal Credit payment, you’ll can either:

  • Reclaim UC (if your award stopped less than 6 months ago) – you do this by signing in to your online account
  • Make a new Universal Credit claim (if your award stopped more that 6 months ago).