I work and get Working Tax Credit – what do these changes mean to me?

If you are making a new claim for benefit and one member of a couple is over Pension Credit age and the other one is under, it is still possible to claim Pension Credit instead of Universal Credit and Housing Benefit.

Pension Credit is usually more generous than Universal Credit. There can be a big difference between the amount of benefit you would receive through Pension Credit and Housing Benefit compared with how much Universal Credit you would be entitled to receive.

So if you are a mixed age couple not already claiming Pension Credit seek advice about whether you can claim, or what changes in your circumstances may mean you could claim.